Driven by Giuseppe Piva's passion for Japanese culture, the gallery is located in the heart of Milan, where rare antique Japanese works of art are offered for sale. Samurai armor, original katana, netsuke, folding screens and other high-quality Japanese artworks have been carefully chosen to offer the best selection available on the international market.
Open since 2005, Giuseppe Piva is well known among collectors worldwide and is proud to have contributed to enrich the collections of museums and institutions, including:
- MAO, Museo d'Arte Orientale, Torino. IT
- Samurai Art Museum, Berlin, DE
- The Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Muller Collection, Dallas, Texas, USA
- Portland Art Museum, Portland, Oregon, USA
- Newark Museum, Newark, New Jersey, USA
- Indianapolis Museum of Art, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- The Ringling Museum of Art, Sarasota, Florida, USA
- New Orleans Museum of Art, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas, USA
- The Utah Museum of Fine Arts, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
The gallery is specialized in specific fields of Japanese antiques and is the ideal partner for collectors of orginal samurai armors and helmets, netsuke, buddhist sculptures, lacquers and folding screens.